Dr. Pratibha Gogia
DNB (Respiratory Medicine)
European Diploma In Respiratory Medicine (EDRM)
Clinical Research Fellowship in Intervention Pulmonology,
by European Respiratory Society at Royal Brompton and Chelsea Westminster Hospital
Imperial College London
- Dr. Pratibha Gogia is an experienced pulmonologist ( chest specialist) practicing for past 12 years.
- After her training from Sir Gangaram hospital, New Delhi she has worked in many tertiary care hospitals of the city. Presently she is working as a senior consultant in B L Kapoor super speciality hospital, Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi.
- She has experience and interest in diagnosing and treating cases of Tuberculosis, MDR -Tuberculosis and XDR - TB cases. She has special interest in Obstructive lung diseases as Bronchial Asthma And COPD.
- She is an experienced Bronchoscopist and trained in many intervention bronchoscopy skills as EBUS ( endobronchial ultrasound) , tumour ablation, cryotherapy, Bronchial Thermoplasty for difficult Asthma , endoscopic valve placement for COPD from Royal Brompton hospital , London , UK.
- She is routinely doing thoracoscopy and pleural biopsies for undiagnosed pleural effusion cases.
- She has been awarded very prestigious Europian Respiratory Society Fellowship.
- She is empathetic for her patients and truly professional in her work.
Presently working as a Senior Consultant and Head
Department of Respiratory Medicine at Venkateshwar Hospital, Dwarka, New Delhi.
- Consultant in Respiratory Medicine, Allergy & Sleep Disorders department at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi.
- Consultant Pulmonologist and Critical care Specialist - Jaipur Golden Hospital, New Delhi
- Consultant Pulmonologist and Intervention Bronchoscopist - Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital, New Delhi
- Clinical Associate with Dr Rajiv Goyal Jaipur Golden Hospital, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer hospital, Balaji Action Hospital New Delhi
- Sr. Resident Pulmonology and Critical Care - Mata Chanan Devi hospital, New Delhi
- Sr. Resident LRS Institute of Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases, New Delhi
Skills and Expertise
- Flexible Bronchoscopy with Broncho alveolar lavage along with bronchial and trans- bronchial biopsies -more than 2000 procedures
- Flexible Bronchoscopic trans-carinal FNAC
- Flexible Bronchoscopy and Endobronchial ultrasound guided FNAC ( EBUS -FNAC)
- Tracheal and Bronchial Stent Placement
- Managing Tracheal and Bronchial strictures and stenosis
- Tumour debulking and recanalisation using Cryotherapy, cautery and Argon Plasma Coagulation
- Bronchial Thermoplasty in Difficult Asthma ( done during ERS Fellowship)
- Rigid Bronchoscopy for Silicon stent Placement , Stricture Dilatation and foreign Body removal
- Medical Thoracoscopy Rigid/ flexible
- Teaching Co-ordinator of Family medicine and Respiratory Medicine DNB program for past 5 years
- Actively involved with DNB internal assessment programs and developing model answer sheets for Respiratory Medicine Actively involved in the teaching of Medicine, Family Medicine and Respiratory Medicine DNB candidates at Jaipur Golden Hospital. Have guided thesis protocols of 6 DNB students on various topics related to Respiratory Medicine.
Publications and Presentations
- "Endoscopic Ultrasound: Morphological predictors of Benign Diseases”- poster presentation at ERS 2014, Munich, Germany.
- Best Poster in Bronchocon 2014 for study on “ Sedation during Bronchoscopic Procedures- Midazolam Versus Dexmetedomidine,”
- Best oral presentation in South East Asian conference of Respiratory Medicine for “ Usefulness Of Bronchoalveolar lavage in Ventilator associated pneumonia”.
- Endobronchial ultrasound: morphological predictors of benign disease. Pratibha Gogia, TabassumZ. Insaf, William McNulty, Afroditi Boutou, Andrew G. Nicholson, Zaid Zoumot, Pallav L. Shah .ERJ Open Research 2016 2: 00053-2015
- Diagnosis of pulmonary embolism by endobronchial ultrasound Rajiv Goyal, Vaibhav Chachra, Pratibha Gogia. Lung India , 32 (6) ,Nov - Dec 2015.
- Extraction of Tracheobronchial Foreign Bodies in Children and Adults with Rigid and Flexible Bronchoscop . Goyal Rajiv; Nayar Sandeep; Gogia Pratibha; Garg Mohit. Journal of Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology. 19(1):35-43, January 2012.
- Garg M, Gogia P, Manoria P, Goyal R. Bronchoscopic management of benign bronchial stenosis by electrocautery and balloon dilatation. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci. 2012 Jan-Mar;54(1):41-3.
- Gogia P, Gupta S, Goyal R. Bronchoscopic management of bronchopleural fistula. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci. 2010 Jul-Sep;52(3):161-3.
- Gogia P, Goel R, Nayar S. Extramedullary paraspinal hematopoiesis in hereditary spherocytosis. Ann Thorac Med. 2008 Apr;3(2):64-6. 10. Bhalotra B, Gogia A, Gupta P, Jain N. A pulmonary snowstorm. Med J Aust. 2004 May 3;180(9):454.